Posted to user@struts.apache.org by sa...@poczta.onet.pl on 2002/03/24 22:46:08 UTC

Which action to go back?

Let's say I have application that let's me go5 pages deep from some starting point (every 1 has own menu pointing to subpages).
And most of these pages have link "Back".
Everything would be very easy if Back on some page "Deep" ALWAYS points topage "SomeCaller".
The problem is that page "Deep" may be called from more than 1 place, and I want to return to the caller. Always.
What is the best way to do it?
It should probably always point to some action, that would know to which forward-mapping redirect to.
But how does it know where to go?
Remember that is is multilevel hierarchy ...

  Darek

--

Określ Swoje potrzeby - my znajdziemy ofertę za Ciebie!
[ http://oferty.onet.pl ]

Re: Which action to go back?

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
It sounds like that you need some type of JavaBean in the session that
will store that you can set to the name of an ActionForward representing
the current "SomeCaller". A html:link tag on the page could then look
for that bean, and obtain the correct action forward for that user.

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Developing Java Web Applications with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services