Posted to dev@wayang.apache.org by Bertty Contreras <be...@scalytics.io> on 2021/11/26 18:43:21 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache Wayang 0.6.0 RC8

Hello people

Please, any questions or concerns about the current release candidate can
be discussed here in this thread. So the VOTE thread stays clean.

Otherwise, it is often difficult to see how people voted.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely!

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Wayang 0.6.0 RC8

Posted by Bertty Contreras <be...@scalytics.io>.
Hi Folks,

Answering to:

"Code in wayang-utils-profile-db correctly mentioned in NOTICE and contains
correct header (However as the entire module seems to be a clone of
https://github.com/sekruse/profiledb-java, not sure why the project doesn't
simply use
<dependency>
  <groupId>de.hpi.isg</groupId>
  <artifactId>profiledb</artifactId>
  <version>0.1.1</version>
  <type>pom</type>
</dependency>
Instead."

Before we were importing the artifact, however, because we are working in
the development of the python API, we figure out that the profiledb was not
serializable and it is something that is required at the level of changing
the language, that was the main motivation of adding as part of the code,
and also because the profile-db just allow store the data in a file just in
a json format, and we want to made some extension to that.

Best regards,
Bertty