Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2002/08/13 21:13:52 UTC

Improviing on PHOENIX_SECURITY=false

Right now, I have to run james with PHOENIX_SECURITY=false.  The security
file used otherwise comes from phoenix-loader.jar:

// Give phoenix launcher full permissions
grant codeBase "file:${phoenix.home}/bin/*" {
        permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

What do we need to do (both in terms of the policy file and the execution
method) to give James sufficient permissions to run?  For example, the JDBC
driver needs permissions to connect to the database server, other classes
need permission to write files, etc.

	--- Noel