Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <We...@asu.edu> on 2003/03/20 01:30:58 UTC

Proper way to reset checkboxes on a DynaValidatorForm

The documentation says that the underlying property for an <html:checkbox>
should be of type boolean and that you should set the property to false in
the reset method of the ActionForm.

With DynaValidatorForm, I found that I had to use type java.lang.Boolean
because you can't put primitives in a Map.

Now I need to do the reset method, but I'm not sure what's correct:
   getMap().remove("propertyName");
or
   getMap().add("propertyName",Boolean.FALSE);

I have not yet figured out how to edit the documentation, so if someone
would like to edit it so that it acknowledges dynamic forms and says how to
deal with them, this is the page:
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/struts-html.html

Is there a HOWTO on patching the documentation?  What do you use to edit
it... isn't it done in XML?

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.