Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Chintalapati, Shyam" <SC...@metasolv.com> on 2003/02/07 19:52:16 UTC

xml configuration question

Hi,
I currently use XML configuration in our logging.
I am also familiar with the regular properties text file
for configuration.

Is it possible to specify hierarchial logger names
in XML config file, like we do with properties file.
All our logger names start
with "cmm.<modulename>". I have been trying to specify all of them
with the following definition in XML.

  <category name="cmm"
class="com.metasolv.common.framework.logging.api.log4jext.MSLVLogger"
additivity="false">
    <appender-ref ref="sss_appender"/>
  </category>

The logger doesn't seem to assign my specified MSLVLogger to a known
category such as cmm.SYSTEM.
I tried putting "log4j.logger.cmm" in the name, to no avail.
If I explitly mention cmm.SYSTEM, it gets asisgned properly.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

-------
sam