Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/06 17:01:19 UTC

Re: Move Tuscany wiki to Apache CWIKI?

As I'm updating a page on our old wiki,  I'm wondering where we are with
this and whether I should be migrating the content?

Kelvin.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On 2/7/07, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> wrote:

> haleh mahbod wrote:
> > +1 for moving to cwiki. Much easier to use.
> >
> > On 2/7/07, Rick Rineholt <cr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I have found having too many sources 2 wikis, the web site, doco
> checked
> >> in to svn to be a major confusion and a general appearance
> >> disorganization. I think we should at the very least now retire one of
> >> the wiki sites.  I'm for moving to cwiki.

> >> line

> >> out of

> >> make
> >> likely

> >> Java
> >> page.
> settles
> >> help

> >> our

> >> all
> >> release

> is

> >> place

> >> users.

http://www.osoa.org/display/PHP/SOA+PHP+Homepage) and have found it very
satisfactory. Certainly a step up from the existing Apache Wiki in terms of
eas of use and presentation impact.

Simon

Re: Move Tuscany wiki to Apache CWIKI?

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@hursley.ibm.com>.
+1 for moving all Wiki content to cwiki.  And I agree that we should
use the Wiki for content from the Web site that needs updating more
frequently.

   Simon

Posted by Andrew Borley <aj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

Posted by haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rick Rineholt <cr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dan Murphy <dm...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Some comments inline.

Thanks,
Raymond

> Rick had asked earlier  "Two concerns come to mind if we make THE website:
> Is it backed up? can we get past revisions if needed ?  Currently our
> website is
> in svn which covers that.
> The other is we have had past complaints that the site was not "fancy"
> organized
> etc, are we confident this wiki can handle this?"
>
> Is Confluence backed up regularly?

1. The CWIKI supports "history". You can see the changes in a very nice diff
page and you see the page history.

2. The CWIKI is "autoexport"ed if we use it as a web site. The CWIKI adopts
a hierarchy for pages in a space, meaning you can have child pages for a
page.

3. The Apache CWIKI is backed up. Please see http://cwiki.apache.org/CWIKI/.

> Does it make sense to leave the website skeleton as is and move all
> documents to confluence WIKI? For example  FAQ, design docs, release
> information and downloads, etc.

We didn't do a massive migration. I would suggest that we migrate the
contents on-demand. There are conversion tools available from Conflunece to
convert pages from other wikis into CWIKI.

> It took us a while to get the website look and feel to where it is right
> now
> and this is not the part that needs to be changed that often. We should
> not
> move it until we have a good replacement.

+1

Posted by haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kelvin,