Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Shazron <sh...@apache.org> on 2016/06/19 06:52:03 UTC

Create an Issue Collector to reduce friction in filing issues

Pro:
We can get users to file an issue easily by pointing them to our form
(which will not require a login).

Con:
Since it is an anonymous form, potential for spammers will increase.

Thoughts?

Re: Create an Issue Collector to reduce friction in filing issues

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.
I think it's a good idea, but as Parashuram said, a lot of issues will not
provide enough information and as they are anonymous we won't get extra
information if we ask for it.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
@carlos

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Parashuram N <pa...@microsoft.com>.
I think the problem is there that we already have a lot of open JIRA issues that are basically questions, or don’t have responses from the creator. With such a form, will that number simply not increase? If the goal is to be more inviting, will it make sense to instead point to slack and ask folks to post questions/bugs there?

There are good folks who are not committers, and they would help. Worst case, the bug could be filed from there. This will also give a chance for folks on slack to help out, and eventually become committers .

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3a%2f%2fissues.apache.org%2fjira%2fbrowse%2fCB-11454&data=01%7c01%7cpanarasi%40microsoft.com%7c3ea6cc945a46411f334608d3980e54bd%7c72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=TUssrDvuhe9YjknfEvBOdT2SpYJyrYCptmJfJXgXG7U%3d