Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kevin Osborn <os...@yahoo.com> on 2007/04/12 01:58:43 UTC

listing dynamic field in search results

I have quite a few dynamic fields. However, I will usually only want to return just a couple of those fields.

So, if my static fields are StaticField1 and StaticField2 and my dynamic fields are s_DynamicField1, sf_DynamicField2, etc., the following line will work as expected:

http://localhost:8080/q=...&fl=StaticField1,StaticField2,*

This will return all 4 fields.

But http://localhost:8080/q=...&fl=StaticField1,StaticField2,s_DynamicField1 will only return StaticField1 and StaticField2.

Is this a bug? Expected behavior?

My dynamic fields are string or sfloat. They are index, stored, and multivalued. I am also using a pretty new build of Solr.

Re: listing dynamic field in search results

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: But
: http://localhost:8080/q=...&fl=StaticField1,StaticField2,s_DynamicField1
: will only return StaticField1 and StaticField2.

that doesn't sound right.   If i use the example configs/docs and hit
this query...

http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=solr&&fl=name%2Cincubationdate_dt

...i get both fields, and incubationdate_dt is a dynamic field.

-Hoss

Re: listing dynamic field in search results

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On 4/11/07, Kevin Osborn <os...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have quite a few dynamic fields. However, I will usually only want to return just a couple of those fields.
>
> So, if my static fields are StaticField1 and StaticField2 and my dynamic fields are s_DynamicField1, sf_DynamicField2, etc., the following line will work as expected:
>
> http://localhost:8080/q=...&fl=StaticField1,StaticField2,*
>
> This will return all 4 fields.
>
> But http://localhost:8080/q=...&fl=StaticField1,StaticField2,s_DynamicField1 will only return StaticField1 and StaticField2.
>
> Is this a bug? Expected behavior?

That would be a bug... but I can't reproduce it.

With the example solr server, loaded with the example data, the
following query returns both fields:
http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=solr&fl=name,incubationdate_dt

[...]
<result name="response" numFound="1" start="0">
	<doc>
   <date name="incubationdate_dt">2006-01-17T00:00:00.000Z</date>
   <str name="name">Solr, the Enterprise Search Server</str>
</doc>
</result>

Note that incubation_dt is a dynamic field.

-Yonik