Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2015/02/17 18:48:05 UTC

ApacheCon Schedule spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k6Fbr7ijMs2PJunN9lhsjq7NjnSXRCVXTJHAHRqWshc/edit?usp=sharing

This is read-only because it's not the authoritative source, but is a
copy. There's some overlap between Content and Science. There's also
some overlap in the Community track.

Please send comments here. Note that we're supposed to notify speakers
yesterday.

--Rich

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon

Re: ApacheCon Schedule spreadsheet

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
I'm accumulating these requests, and will make a schedule shuffle
tomorrow, and again the next day, and so on. Trying not to overwhelm
Craig with changes.

Thanks.

--Rich

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Suresh

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
Aha! Makes sense. Thanks you!

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
Ditto here ;-)

Posted by Alexander Bezzubov <bz...@apache.org>.
Hi Rich,

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
HI Rich,

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
On 18 February 2015 at 18:26, Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Rich
>
> Understood.  In the context of the stated objective for an incubator track
> my objective view is that those talks center on the incubating project.

Thanks, I am right now puzzling with the incubator track and lets see what
we can come up with.

The purpose of that track is to give incubator projects a chance to promote
themself, get more people aboard, and less about the technology (at least
that is the hope).

> I dont have access to the other proposal.
>
> In the context of the community at large when there are projects that serve
> similar problem domains there is definitely value in that discussion.  I'd
> love to see a few lightning chats for instance followed by discussion of
> true overlap, differing solutions, and how they can compliment.

That would be a real good idea for the Barcamp, where we might have more
time for discussions.

> Either way appreciate this is a lot of work to coordinate and tough calls
> have to be made.   We are new and want to get the word and message out.  If
> not this round we will try next time

no no think like this.....we would like both this time and next time (ACEU
is the next thing), it is your project and a candicate to be the next big
thing.

rgds
jan i.

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Rich

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
HI.

The content of Incubator project track is:

#87, Introduction to Zeppelin
#91, Integrating Event Streams and File Data with Apache Flume and Apache
NiFi
#112, Pulsar: Realtime Analytics at Scale leveraging Kafka, Hadoop and Kylin
#183, Apache MRQL (incubating): Advanced Query Processing for Complex,
Large-Scale Data Analysis
#208, Introducing Apache HTrace: an end-to-end tracing framework for
distributed systems
#217, Apache Lens: Cut Data Analytics Silos in your Enterprise (WAIT-LISTED)
#224, Apache Kylin - Extreme OLAP engine for Hadoop

#83, Apache Incubator: where it is coming from and where it is going

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rich