Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by matt <go...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/29 12:54:30 UTC

1 processing node, n partition nodes

Hi,

Can someone recommend what CacheConfiguration settings would be ideal for a
cluster that has 1 primary node processing data, while other nodes are there
to host partitions for the purpose of reducing the primary node memory
requirements? How can I control the size of the local cache per node,
regardless of whether it's the node doing the processing or not?

Thanks,
- Matt

Re: 1 processing node, n partition nodes

Posted by matt <go...@gmail.com>.
Ah that makes sense! I'll try that out.

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

What do you mean by 1 node that processing data? If you want to store data
on several nodes and run some compute jobs that use data from these caches
only on one node, then I could say that it a bad idea - it will lead to a
lot of data moving between nodes. It's better to use affinityCall to invoke
jobs on the nodes that hosts data needed in computing.

Evgenii