Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Shawn McKinney <sm...@sbcglobal.net> on 2005/04/26 20:16:56 UTC

WS-Security Binary Token Help Needed

Need help learning how to insert/retrieve WS-Security
Binary Token into message using Axis handlers.

Surely someone has an example demonstrating a
technique for achieving this task using either WSS4J's
toolkit or some other means.

Any help/direction on this topic is most appreciated.

Regards,

Shawn

service.createCall() vs. axis-generated stubs

Posted by Tom Ziemer <t....@dkfz-heidelberg.de>.
Hi,

after spending some time on looking for axis examples / tutorials, I am
curious why most people are using service.createCall(),
call.setTargetEndpointAddress(), etc. instead of the stubs that are
generated by the axis ant task.

I think using the ant/stub approach is a much cleaner and more elegant
way than to call a service directly. Of course I am still quite
inexperienced with axis but I still think it's odd. Is there any reason
not to use the code generated by ant? Are there any drawbacks that I am
not aware of?

Regards,
Tom

RE: WS-Security Binary Token Help Needed

Posted by Plorks mail <pl...@hotmail.com>.
I'm also in the same situation

What i'm trying to do is send credetials to a sql db, get a valid token
string and insert this string into a soap header.  I then need to be able to
'ping-pong' the string from the client back to the server-side to keep
checking it with a sql table and return a strign back to the client

I'm having trouble understanding axis soap.  Keeo reading about wsdd files
and wsdl files.  I'm not ready for the wsdl files yet, as this is just a
file that exposes the methods that a client can use.  I just want to rite
the handles and make sure the client can create a header and the server-sde
cna pick the value up and update the vlaue

It can't be difficult, someone must have done something similar, i'm finding
it hard to find decent examples !!

http://toolbar.msn.co.uk/