Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Thanh Do <do...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/04 05:32:53 UTC

How to monitor HDFS performance without root privilege

Hi every one,
I have access to a cluster with a bunch of workstations. And I can install
and run HDFS smoothly without the root privilege. I wonder if there is a way
to monitor HDFS performance (e.g. read/write throughput) without using any
performance monitoring tool (e.g. nmon, tcpdump, ...) that requires root
privilege. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks,
Thanh

Re: How to monitor HDFS performance without root privilege

Posted by Jason Venner <ja...@gmail.com>.
You can use ganglia, without root priviliges as well as iostat for low level
disk io monitoring.