Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Dmitry Barsukov <db...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/15 11:02:10 UTC

[Trinidad] IE + PPR causing "Hour-glass"

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone has ever come across an issue with "hour-glass" cursor
when working with PPR and IE?

Here is the simplest form below which does cause "hour-glass" cursor
appearing and a form freezing when rendered on IE.
Rick then left-left mouse click may help to switch the form back into a
normal state.

<f:view xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
        xmlns:tr="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad"
        xmlns:trh="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/html">
    <trh:html>
        <trh:head><title>hour glass issue</title> </trh:head>
        <trh:body >
partialSubmit="true"/>
        </trh:body>
    </trh:html>
</f:view

To catch an issue you need to click inputText element several times quickly
then commandButton then inputText element again.
With this simplest form the issue is not that apparent. However if the form
becomes more complicated "hour-glass" cursors spoils the whole application
because it may appear VERY often, for instance on each third click in the
form.

If I remove "partialSubmit" the issue disappears.

What is wrong here?

---
Sincerely yours
Dmitry Barsukov

Re: [Trinidad] IE + PPR causing "Hour-glass"

Posted by Dmitry Barsukov <db...@gmail.com>.
The issue has been logged into JIRA:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-1833

Regards,
Dmitry

Re: [Trinidad] IE + PPR causing "Hour-glass"

Posted by Dmitry Barsukov <db...@gmail.com>.
Hi Max,

Will do.

However I would not mix my case with what Simon kindly described.

These issues may be correlated and I will mention Simon's case in the defect
description.
But the assignee for the bug should not be misled by mixing up "hour-glass"
with PPR and "hour-glass" with inputDate elements.

Max, as a matter of curiosity, I am somehow sure you are an expert in ADF.
Considering that Oracle ADF take its roots from Trinidad, this becomes a
practical curiosity matter.

Does this defect appear in Oracle ADF too?

Regards,
Dmitry

--
---

Posted by Max Starets <ma...@oracle.com>.
Simon, Dmitry ,

Posted by Simon Kulessa <ku...@flexsecure.de>.
Hi,

--

Diplom Informatiker Simon Kulessa

FlexSecure GmbH
Industriestr. 12
D - 64297 Darmstadt
Tel: +49 (0) 6151 501 23-15
Fax: +49 (0) 6151 501 23-19
E-Mail:kulessa@flexsecure.de
Internet:www.flexsecure.de

Geschäftsführer:
Erwin Stallenberger, Markus Ruppert

Amtsgericht Darmstadt HRB 8036
Umsatzsteuernummer: DE 214745269

Re: [Trinidad] IE + PPR causing "Hour-glass"

Posted by Dmitry Barsukov <db...@gmail.com>.
Hi Toby,

--
---
Sincerely yours

AW: [Trinidad] IE + PPR causing "Hour-glass"

Posted by Eisenträger, Tobias <To...@arag.de>.
Hello Dmitry,