Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Dr. Michael Lipp" <Mi...@danet.de> on 2005/06/15 17:18:48 UTC

How to execute a subtask conditionally if used several times

Hi,

I have a target that produces an output file based on an input file. I
invoke this target several times using antcall with different pairs of
input and output files (using <antcall><param ...>).

As an optimization, I want to do the generation only if the input file
is newer than the output file. In order to do this, I have to set a
property with <uptodate>. Of course, I would like to do this in my
antcall-ed target to avoid duplication of code.

But how can I reset the property once it has been set in my
"sub-target"? Once a property is set, it cannot be changed. So if the
first antcall causes e.g. "isUpToDate" to be set, all subsequent
antcalls will be executed as well.

Any solution?

Regards,

    Michael

Re: How to execute a subtask conditionally if used several times

Posted by "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <A....@mdl.com>.
You can put <antcall> inside <apply>.

- Alexey.