Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/21 23:54:11 UTC

Patch for mmap + windows

Elizabeth and I have a patch to support our memory mapped offset index
files properly on Windows:

Question: Do we want this on 0.8 or trunk? I would feel more comfortable
with it in trunk, but that means windows support in 0.8 is known to be
broken (as opposed to "not known to be broken but not known to be working
either" since we are not doing aggressive system testing on windows).

I would feel more comfortable doing the patch on 0.8 if there was someone
who would be willing to take on real load testing and/or production
operation on Windows so we could have some confidence that Kafka on Windows
actually works, otherwise this could just be the tip of the iceberg.

Also it would be great to get review on that patch regardless of the
destination.

-Jay

Re: Patch for mmap + windows

Posted by Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sriram,

If Elizabeth isn't able to respond to your feedback, I wonder if you can
fix the patch and apply it?

It will be great to have this patch in 0.8.

Thanks,

Tim

Re: Patch for mmap + windows

Posted by Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sriram,

Re: Patch for mmap + windows

Posted by Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com>.
Gotcha :)

Seems like this will be taken care of then.

Tim

Re: Patch for mmap + windows

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: Patch for mmap + windows