Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nehemia Litterat <nl...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/26 09:03:01 UTC

Servlet output returned as a file

Hi

The servlet I am writing is working 100% the problem is that the servlet output which goes to

java.io.PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();

is returned as a file. The browser insted of showing the html is asking me to save it to disk.

When I am looking at the file everything is fine the html is perfect and if I am trying to open it from the file system it looks good

any sugestion????

Thanks in advance

Nehemia Litterat

Can't restart Linux

Posted by neal <ne...@yahoo.com>.
I can't get tomcat to restart in linux.

I run the ./bin/startup.sh file and it lists a fe env variables ... no
errors.  This seems to imply that its starting ... but yet I never get a
response back from the server.  It was working fine until I added a couple
of host and connector nodes to the server.xml file and restarted the server.
Since then I've removed those additional nodes, rebooted, and again
attempted to to start Tomcat.  Still no luck.

Any thoughts?

Neal

RE: Servlet output returned as a file

Posted by neal <ne...@yahoo.com>.
What did you set the "Content-type" as?  It should be test to html/text.  If
it is set to a type not supported by your browser it may ask you to save it
as a file.

Neal