Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Steven Cummings <st...@yahoo.com> on 2003/07/28 23:32:29 UTC

[2.1cvs][flow] Properties files cannot be located?

Hello,

Is it possible for javascript code in the flow engine to locate properties
files that it might need. I have a JAXBContext that I'm trying to use from the
javascript and i get

javax.xml.bind.JAXBException: Unable to locate jaxb.properties for package
my.jaxb.package

Any immediate ideas? TIA

/S

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Re: [2.1cvs][flow] Properties files cannot be located?

Posted by Steven Cummings <st...@yahoo.com>.
--- Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Steven Cummings wrote:
>
> >--- Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net> wrote:

> >>the

> >>IIRC: Have your properties in
> >>WEB-INF/classes/my/jaxb/package/jaxb.properties. Jaxb uses classloader
> >>to locate properties.
> >>

> >Actually I've tried both, unpacked in classes and in the original jar in
> lib.
> >Neither works through flow. But my JAXB works otherwise, so I don't think
> it's
> >as simple as that.
> >

> Does not work through flow but works through, say, XSP? Then it might be
> some flow related issue.
>
> Vadim

I've not used XSP, but I have used actions. I'm going to just try implementing
my form-wizard as an action like in the samples instead of flow for now and try
flow again later (after I've met my deadlines!). One last question, I've
noticed in cvs there's "javascript" flow using FOM and the older "JavaScript"
engine. What are the differences there (just in case it would matter)?

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Steven Cummings <st...@yahoo.com>.
--- Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Steven Cummings wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >Is it possible for javascript code in the flow engine to locate properties
> >files that it might need. I have a JAXBContext that I'm trying to use from
> the
> >javascript and i get
> >
> >javax.xml.bind.JAXBException: Unable to locate jaxb.properties for package
> >my.jaxb.package
> >
> >Any immediate ideas? TIA
> >

> IIRC: Have your properties in
> WEB-INF/classes/my/jaxb/package/jaxb.properties. Jaxb uses classloader
> to locate properties.

Actually I've tried both, unpacked in classes and in the original jar in lib.
Neither works through flow. But my JAXB works otherwise, so I don't think it's
as simple as that.

> (OT?)

Off topic? I hope not, I started it! I just thought it would be more
appropriate for the dev-list since it is still changing. Sorry if it's not!

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.