Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by IT CTO <go...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/16 18:35:51 UTC

Zeppelin on CDH

Hi,
As much as I understand CDH does not support spark 1.4 (correct me if I am
wrong) and only support spark 1.3 (CDH 5.3.1)
Will I have problems using zeppelin with pyspark on spark 1.3? or is it
just setting the right spark version in the build options?

Thanks
Eran

Re: Zeppelin on CDH

Posted by IT CTO <go...@gmail.com>.
Thanks all for the help. Will go with spark 1.3 and pyspark d option

בתאריך יום ו׳, 17 ביולי 2015, 12:51 מאת <fe...@hotmail.com>:

>  CDH does not yet have support for Spark 1.4.*x*
>

> On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 9:49 AM -0700, "Vadla, Karthik" <
> karthik.vadla@intel.com> wrote:
>
>   Nope. Right now I have built my binaries with CDH 5.4 and spark 1.3.
> I’m not sure of CDH support for spark 1.4.
> Instead of configuring pyspark manually. To enable pyspark configuration
> during build, just provide profile name “Ppyspark” while building your
> zeppelin binaries.
>

> Example: If you want to build binaries for CDH 5.4 , Hadoop 2.6 and Spark
> 1.3  with pyspark profile
>
> *mvn clean package -Pspark-1.3 -Ppyspark -Dhadoop.version=2.6.0-cdh5.4.2
> -Phadoop-2.6 –DskipTests*
>

> In above command, make sure you provide correct version numbers.
>

> Hope this helps.
>

> Thanks
>
> Karthik

RE: Zeppelin on CDH