Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "dohadwala, moiz" <do...@emc.com> on 2005/09/29 23:32:23 UTC

[m2] exception with report plugin

I have a plugin which I has been running without errors.

I decided to convert it to a report plugin. I derived the Mojo from
AbstractMavenReport and implemented the executeReport method and required
other methods such as getName() etc.

I included the plugin in the reporting section of the pom.

I now get this error:
[INFO] Diagnosis: Error configuring plugin for execution of
'translator:depreport'.
[INFO]
[ERROR] Cause:
org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error configuring plugin for
execution of 'translator:depreport'.
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManage
r.java:353)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLife
cycleExecutor.java:502)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(De
faultLifecycleExecutor.java:465)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifec
ycleExecutor.java:447)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycle
Executor.java:136)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:186)
        at
)
        at
.java:25)
        at
        at
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginConfigurationException: Unable to
parse the created DOM for plugin configuration
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.populatePluginFields(DefaultPlu
ginManager.java:1033)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.getConfiguredMojo(DefaultPlugin
Manager.java:529)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManage
r.java:348)
        ... 15 more
Caused by:
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.ComponentConfigurationException:
Class 'org.apache.maven.project.MavenProject' cannot be instantiated
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.AbstractConfigurationC
onverter.instantiateObject(AbstractConfigurationConverter.java:121)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.composite.ObjectWithFi
eldsConverter.fromConfiguration(ObjectWithFieldsConverter.java:85)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.ComponentValueSetter.c
onfigure(ComponentValueSetter.java:252)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.composite.ObjectWithFi
eldsConverter.processConfiguration(ObjectWithFieldsConverter.java:116)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.BasicComponentConfigurator.config
ureComponent(BasicComponentConfigurator.java:55)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.populatePluginFields(DefaultPlu
ginManager.java:1028)
        ... 17 more
Caused by: java.lang.InstantiationException:
org.apache.maven.project.MavenProject
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.AbstractConfigurationC
onverter.instantiateObject(AbstractConfigurationConverter.java:111)
        ... 22 more

Is there something special that needs to be done for a report plugin?

-Moiz

Re: [m2] exception with report plugin

Posted by Allan Ramirez <ar...@exist.com>.
Hi there,

I am just curious on how did you get your MavenProject object, can you
post it?

Regards,
-allan