Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Shapira, Yoav" <Yo...@mpi.com> on 2003/10/15 15:07:54 UTC

RE: setting up the tomcat server for struts applications - HTTP 500 error

Howdy,
I haven't used the book.

You should have a far more detailed error in tomcat's log -- if you post
that we might be able to help more.

Before starting with the book's examples, ensure your tomcat
installation is OK by running the examples.  Also try the admin webapp,
as that's a struts app.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

Chapter
>1. The server seems to come up alright, but if I want to run my sample
>application, I get the following error:-
>
>HTTP Status 500
>
>org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /register.jsp(0,4) Invalid directive
>
>I know this a server error, and the problem could be because the server
>hasn't been setup properly. I tried all the solutions I could find on
the
>web, but it still doesn't seem to solve my problem. Does anyone know
what
>else could be wrong? Like common mistakes?
>
>I am using Tomcat 4.1.27
>
>Thanks,
>Aparna

This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender.  Thank you.