Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/05 15:56:37 UTC

Ivy Broken unit test

I have some unit test failing :

Test org.apache.ivy.ant.IvyAntSettingsTest FAILED
Test org.apache.ivy.ant.IvyConfigureTest FAILED
Test org.apache.ivy.ant.IvyTaskTest FAILED
Test org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.ChainResolverTest FAILED
Test org.apache.ivy.core.NormalRelativeUrlResolverTest FAILED

Gump seems OK : http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/ivy/index.html

Am I the only one (I'm using ibm jvm 1.5 on cygwin, but up to now I
didn't had any problem with this set up).

I will try with older source base to see where it failed.

--
Gilles Scokart

RE: Ivy Broken unit test

Posted by "Scheper, Erik-Berndt" <er...@sogeti.nl>.
Hi,

After running
> ant clean-all
> ant coverage-report

I see two failures in org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.ChainResolverTest

testUseCache:
expected:<[]> but was:<[dependency: org1#mod1.1;1.0 {}]>
at org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.ChainResolverTest.testUseCache(ChainResolverTest.java:361)

testReturnFirstWithDefaultAndCacheAndRealResolver
expected:<true> but was:<false>
at org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.ChainResolverTest.testReturnFirstWithDefaultAndCacheAndRealResolver

The other unit tests run OK here.
Should I raise an issue for this?

Regards,
Erik-Berndt

BTW: This was reported earlier, see http://marc.info/?l=ant-dev&m=121688272125382&w=2

________________________________

Test org.apache.ivy.ant.IvyAntSettingsTest FAILED
Test org.apache.ivy.ant.IvyConfigureTest FAILED
Test org.apache.ivy.ant.IvyTaskTest FAILED
Test org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.ChainResolverTest FAILED
Test org.apache.ivy.core.NormalRelativeUrlResolverTest FAILED

Gump seems OK : http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/ivy/index.html

Am I the only one (I'm using ibm jvm 1.5 on cygwin, but up to now I
didn't had any problem with this set up).

I will try with older source base to see where it failed.

--
Gilles Scokart

Disclaimer:
This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of Sogeti Nederland B.V. or its Group members. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.

Re: Ivy Broken unit test

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 3:56 PM, Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have some unit test failing :
>
> Test org.apache.ivy.ant.IvyAntSettingsTest FAILED
> Test org.apache.ivy.ant.IvyConfigureTest FAILED
> Test org.apache.ivy.ant.IvyTaskTest FAILED
> Test org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.ChainResolverTest FAILED
> Test org.apache.ivy.core.NormalRelativeUrlResolverTest FAILED
>
> Gump seems OK : http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/ivy/index.html
>
> Am I the only one (I'm using ibm jvm 1.5 on cygwin, but up to now I
> didn't had any problem with this set up).

On my box (ubuntu + ant 1.7 + java 6) last night I had problem with only two
unit tests: ChainResolverTest and PackagerResolverTest. ChainResolverTest
failure has been reported by Maarten after reactivating the test, I have to
investigate but haven't found time yet. For PackagerResolver it may be due
to my box, I haven't checked.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/