Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@apache.org> on 2005/05/01 22:02:42 UTC

News on a smarter website update process

Hi folks,

just read this very recent thread from the Forrest list:

http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@forrest.apache.org/msg01333.html

The good news is in:

 >> Apache is getting more hardware donated lately, so it may be that we
 >> get to use it. In any case, I don't want to ask for the usage of it
 >> if we don't yet know what to do with it, hence the RT.

While they talk about serving websites entirely dynamically (which would
be just great ... you'd do a svn co and the content's out there) the
"new hardware" might at least cater for a Forrestbot installation so we
could have our website content extracted from SVN and the static HTML
built automatically and entirely server based.

This would also eliminate any problems we might have today with people
using different versions of Forrest with different settings to generate
the site.

I don't even want to get started dreaming of a Lenya installation on the
  Apache infrastructure. But let's take one step at a time. I am going
to ask them about the plans for a Forrestbot and if we can use it.

WDYT?

Regards,
Torsten

Re: News on a smarter website update process

Posted by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@apache.org>.
News on this topic:

http://www.mail-archive.com/dev%40forrest.apache.org/msg01337.html

IIUC Nicola is looking towards a general move. I offered our help.

Regards,
Torsten

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Torsten Schlabach wrote:

> I don't even want to get started dreaming of a Lenya installation on the
>  Apache infrastructure. But let's take one step at a time. I am going to
> ask them about the plans for a Forrestbot and if we can use it.
>
> WDYT?

very cool!

+1