Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/11 22:06:11 UTC

[HEADSUP] Auto wire format detection - AMQ-5889

I have pushed this commit up to master. It is now possible to set up a TCP,
NIO, SSL, or NIO+SSL transport and have the broker detect the wire format
and client type automatically over that transport.  (Just like Artemis can
already do...in fact I borrowed some of the protocol detection logic from
that code base)

Feel free to play around with the new transports and give feed back.  The
documentation is a work in progress but I've started it and it is here:
http://activemq.apache.org/auto.html

There's a bunch of tests written already for it (and I'll probably be
adding more).  You can run just the tests relating to the auto transports
using "mvn clean install -Dactivemq.tests=autoTransport".