Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Mark Olliver <ma...@infectiousmedia.com> on 2013/10/21 21:48:19 UTC

Pig 12 on EMR

Hi All,

I have been testing out the following bootstrap script on Amazons EMR to
install pig 12.0 but I am getting an error when trying to use udf's that
previously worked using jython on the standard AWS pig 11.1 release.

I am trying to use pig 12 to get the benefits of cpython modules but I am
not sure I have got the whole bootstrap correct. Can people please comment
if they think I am missing something or there is a better way to get
jython, python and pig 12 working together on AWS EMR.

Here is what i have so far - which does install pig and i can run the grunt
shell, just not use any python or jython udf.
https://gist.github.com/pixie79/7089716

Thanks

Mark

--