Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Clint Kelly <cl...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/09 20:57:58 UTC

Per-keyspace partitioners?

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to change the partitioner on a per-table or per-keyspace
basis?

We have some tables for which we'd like to enable ordered scans of rows, so
we'd like to use the ByteOrdered partitioner for those, but use Murmur3 for
everything else in our cluster.

Is this possible?  Or does the partitioner have to be the same for the
entire cluster?

Best regards,
Clint

Re: Per-keyspace partitioners?

Posted by Jonathan Lacefield <jl...@datastax.com>.
Hello,

  Partitioner is per cluster.  We have seen users create separate clusters
for items like this, but that's an edge case.

Jonathan

Jonathan Lacefield
Solutions Architect, DataStax
(404) 822 3487