Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Thms Hmm <th...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/23 13:43:43 UTC

Faild to load dependency after migration to Flink 1.10

Hey all,
we are currently migrating our Flink jobs from v1.9.1 to v1.10.1. The code
has been migrated as well as our Docker images (deploying on K8s using
standalone mode). Now an issue occurs if we use log4j2 and the Kafka
Appender which was working before. There are a lot of errors regarding
"Failed to load a file system via service" (NoClassDefFoundError) which
lead me searching in this direction. But as soon as I removed the Kafka
Appender config from log4j it is working again and all other exceptions
disappeared.
In the logs there is also an exception regarding Kafkas
"ByteArraySerializer Class could not be found". The Kafka Clients is still
stored within the lib/ directory but I think it is not loaded.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards Thomas

Re: Faild to load dependency after migration to Flink 1.10

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
Did you make any modifications to the Flink scripts in order to get
log4j2 to work with Flink 1.10?
IIRC we had to modify the scripts when we migrated to log4j2 in 1.11; if
this is done incorrectly it could break thing.

Do all Flink processes have this issue, or only TaskExecutors?

Can you provide us with the full exception?