Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2008/03/11 20:31:39 UTC

Google Summer of Code 2008

Folks

Do we want to participate this year? We had pretty decent results in the
past (year 2006, RFC2965 implementation)

http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2008

Oleg

Re: Google Summer of Code 2008

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 19:38 +0200, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-04-14 at 00:02 +0200, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 13:52 +0100, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> > > Thorsten,
> > >
> > > Maybe you have a self-contained task for Droids, which could be put
> > > forward for consideration as a GSOC project?
> >
> > Sorry it took me so long to reply (was traveling).
> >
> > http://code.google.com/soc/2008/asf/app.html?csaid=NRIDAARdcyYIORoIXQheXnsDPBJUFlpXVXtWahAARFNQVg%3D%3D%0A
> >
> > I did and we have a nice application to integrate the new http-client
> > into droids. Please rate if you are a registered mentor.
> >
> > salu2
>
> Hi Thorsten,
>
> I rated the application and added myself as a possible co-mentor.

Thank you very much Oleg.

That is very welcome.

I hopefully can wrap up the tika integration very soon. Keep you
informed.

salu2

Re: Google Summer of Code 2008

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2008-04-14 at 00:02 +0200, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 13:52 +0100, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> > Thorsten,
> >
> > Maybe you have a self-contained task for Droids, which could be put
> > forward for consideration as a GSOC project?
>
> Sorry it took me so long to reply (was traveling).
>
> http://code.google.com/soc/2008/asf/app.html?csaid=NRIDAARdcyYIORoIXQheXnsDPBJUFlpXVXtWahAARFNQVg%3D%3D%0A
>
> I did and we have a nice application to integrate the new http-client
> into droids. Please rate if you are a registered mentor.
>
> salu2

Hi Thorsten,

I rated the application and added myself as a possible co-mentor.

Cheers

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 2008-03-15 at 08:49 +0100, Ortwin Glück wrote:
> Erik Abele wrote:
> > On 11.03.2008, at 20:31, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> >
> >> Folks
> >>
> >> Do we want to participate this year? We had pretty decent results in the
> >> past (year 2006, RFC2965 implementation)
> >
> > If we can find one or more suitable tasks and have at least one mentor
> > then sure, let's go for it :-)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Erik
>

> Dare I propose NTLM?
>
> (explicitly not kicking off the legal debate here again)
>
> Odi, back from the antipodes

Welcome back, Odi!

The trouble is since we are not certain if we ever be able to accept
code based on the specs recently published by MS, we really can't give
this as a task to a GSOC participant. It would be just wrong.

Posted by Ortwin Glück <od...@odi.ch>.

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.