Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Paul Davidson <pd...@salesforce.com.INVALID> on 2019/04/05 16:07:51 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-411: Make default Kafka Connect worker task client IDs distinct

Hi all,

Since we seem to have agreement in the discussion I would like to start the
vote on KIP-411.

See:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-411%3A+Make+default+Kafka+Connect+worker+task+client+IDs+distinct

Also see the related PR: https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/6097

Thanks to everyone who contributed!

Paul

Re: [VOTE] KIP-411: Make default Kafka Connect worker task client IDs distinct

Posted by Arjun Satish <ar...@gmail.com>.
Paul,

Looks like the last note gives the message that this change expects people
to update the quota configurations. Can we make it clear that this change
will not impact quota limits, and that these default client ids are not a
reasonable way to configure quotas before or after this change.

Thanks very much and apologies for the confusion!

Best,

Posted by Paul Davidson <pd...@salesforce.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Arjun Satish <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Davidson <pd...@salesforce.com.INVALID>.