Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2015/03/28 14:25:38 UTC

Do you think the Mavenizer is mature enough to be released?

Hi,

I was just initiating the release of Flexmojos 7.1.0, but currently can't do that as I have a dependency to the Apache Flex Mavenizer.
So prior to releasing Flexmojos, I would need to release the Mavenizer. I think it's pretty mature, but would like to ask you about your oppinion?
Also I would like to ask Justin to give it it's legal review ;-) .... But at least as all of the code is produced by us, I doubt there should be any trouble with this.

Chris

Re: Do you think the Mavenizer is mature enough to be released?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 3/28/15, 6:25 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I was just initiating the release of Flexmojos 7.1.0, but currently can't
>do that as I have a dependency to the Apache Flex Mavenizer.
>So prior to releasing Flexmojos, I would need to release the Mavenizer. I
>think it's pretty mature, but would like to ask you about your oppinion?

OK with me.

>Also I would like to ask Justin to give it it's legal review ;-) .... But
>at least as all of the code is produced by us, I doubt there should be
>any trouble with this.

At one point, the PMC reached consensus on using the release process
outlined below [1] [2].  In this process, everyone on the PMC is tasked
with a legal review before the first RC is cut.  Not sure how easy that is
to do with Maven, but I’d like for you try to follow the process and
suggest changes and improvements to the documentation of the process in
this release and any future releases.

Thanks,
-Alex

1: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/2oH0Ag