Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2006/01/02 05:01:36 UTC

Re: simplifying the generation of Incubator website

Leo Simons wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >
> > My guess about the stumbling block for some people is the
> > need to check the final result into svn. Also the need to
> > copy files from build/site into site-publish and then do
> > svn add or svn remove files. I think that we can get
> > Cocoon to generate the files directly into site-publish
> > directory if that helps.
>
> This is not the stumbling block. Most people working on the site
> know how to use anakia just fine, which has pretty much the same
> workflow, except you type 'ant', not 'forrest site'.

Actually that is a big difference in workflow.
By default forrest will generate the docs into
the build/site directory. Following the message
that you quoted, i changed this default so that
it becomes the same a Anakia's workflow, i.e.
generate the docs directly into the "site-publish"
directory, i.e. overwite the docs that are under
svn control and then do 'svn diff; svn commit'.

-David