Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by wallace <wa...@yahoo.com> on 2007/04/25 00:46:36 UTC

Setting ClientId in ConnectionFactory

I am integration jboss4.0.5 with activemq4.0.

In the ra.xml, I set a value for the  Clientid of  ActiveMQResourceAdapter.
Inside the jboss contain, I run the code like

        InitialContext = new InitialContext();
        TopicConnectionFactory  connectionFactory =
(javax.jms.TopicConnectionFactory) ctx.lookup(JNDI_EVENT_TOPIC_FACTORY);
        _connection = connectionFactory.createConnection();

I got the following exception:

InitialContext ctx = null;
        ctx = new InitialContext();

Caused by: javax.jms.IllegalStateException: Setting clientID on a used
Connection is not allowed
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.setClientID(ActiveMQConnection.java:354)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ra.ActiveMQResourceAdapter.makeConnection(ActiveMQResourceAdapter.java:111)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ra.ActiveMQResourceAdapter.makeConnection(ActiveMQResourceAdapter.java:101)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ra.ActiveMQManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection(ActiveMQManagedConnectionFactory.java:106)
	... 20 more

It is the first connection I was trying to make, though it complaint about
a used connection. Is there anything else I need to do to turn on the
property value?

Thanks,
-Wallace