Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2002/04/02 15:08:45 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-alexandria/proposal/gump naglist

On 29 Mar 2002, <ru...@apache.org> wrote:

>   If all goes well, tonight's nags will come from the naglist that
>   Stefan produced...

woohoo

Some thoughts on how I intend to extend it (but it may take a while as
my initial itch has gone away):

* Provide defaults for a module.  It is rather cumbersome to add nag
elements for all the projects in commons-sandbox - and they all even
look the same.

* Ability to define additional naglist entries from the workspace.

* Ability to define naglist entries for groups of projects from the
workspace (Peter's request) - maybe collecting those project names as
regexps or glob patterns.

* Finer control over the nag mails sent.  Right now it is an "send to
all lists or don't send anything" approach.  I'd like to define in the
workspace that nag mails should only be sent to a given subset of
projects.

Any other things for the wish list?

Stefan

Gump logo missing from site

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
The Gump logo seems to be missing from the Jakarta gump site.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-alexandria/proposal/gump naglist

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2 Apr 2002 23:08, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 29 Mar 2002, <ru...@apache.org> wrote:
> >   If all goes well, tonight's nags will come from the naglist that
> >   Stefan produced...
>
> woohoo
>
> Some thoughts on how I intend to extend it (but it may take a while as
> my initial itch has gone away):
>
> * Provide defaults for a module.  It is rather cumbersome to add nag
> elements for all the projects in commons-sandbox - and they all even
> look the same.

+10000

I had similar issues in excalibur.

> * Finer control over the nag mails sent.  Right now it is an "send to
> all lists or don't send anything" approach.  I'd like to define in the
> workspace that nag mails should only be sent to a given subset of
> projects.
>
> Any other things for the wish list?

Maybe add a period to the aggregating nags aswell. ie Bugzilla sends out a
list of bugs once a month. I could imagine sending out a once monthly list of
projects that fail checkstyle audits or produce errors/warnings during
javadoc etc. ie things you wouldn't want nags about on daily basis (until you
got to zero warning policy) but things that would be good to know.

--
Cheers,

Pete

RE: cvs commit: jakarta-alexandria/proposal/gump naglist

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.

1/ Make the pieces tie together. For the moment once you've installed
Gump you're still half the way and you need to bring the pieces together
:

* execution of gen.bat
* execution of update.bat
* execution of build.bat
* run the nag.pl script to send emails
* run the deliver script to copy files to server
* use crontab to loop

2/ Make it work on Windows :-). I can test it on my machine if you wish
:-). I don't have much cycles for the coming 2 weeks to write the
patches myself (and finish understanding gump) but after that I should
be able to help.

Thanks
-Vincent