Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rui Vilão <rp...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/19 17:37:50 UTC

Final release of a project

Hi,

My company is developing a product and we're using Maven as project
management tool. My question is: how can I achieve a final release of the
project? More detailed below.

What I am looking for is to have at the end a structure similar to the one
JBoss uses:

*bin
 startup
 shutdown

lib
 dependency1.jar
 dependency2.jar
 dependencyN.jar

log
 server.log

temp
 tempFile1.temp

WEB_APPS
 webApp1.war
*
So what I want to know is: what's the best practice to achieve something
like this. Do I have to use ant to build such structure? What do I do with
the dependencies that are being managed by Maven? E.g. I want to copy
log4j.jar to the lib folder I'm creating.

So, resuming I want something that is similar to the effect of a 'make
install' in common UNIX environments.

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,

Rui

Re: Final release of a project

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> What I am looking for is to have at the end a structure similar to the one
> JBoss uses:
>
> So, resuming I want something that is similar to the effect of a 'make
> install' in common UNIX environments.

The assembly plugin is probably what you're looking for.

Wayne