Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by harry steven <ed...@hotmail.com> on 2013/01/18 00:29:48 UTC

APACHE OPEN OFFICE 3.4.1. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!

I have just downloaded this Version of Open Office.Now my Printer will not print anything in Open Office and refers me to check my Printer configuration.At 74 years of age, this is all a mystery to me, so please tell me how I can get my Printer to print out a legal Document I need so urgently.Thanks you.Harry StevenEdinburgh Scotland

Re: APACHE OPEN OFFICE 3.4.1. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 6:12 AM, harry steven
<ed...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Rory, you are MY HERO!
> Followed your instructions and selected the PDF, but it did not work, the printer did not recognise what to do.
> Tried again and noticed that on the choices although the pull down menu showed PDF there was another box showing JPG.
> I changed this box to PDF and the Printer started to Print - what Joy!
> Thank you so much for making the rules so clear.
> BUT to ALL Programmes PLEASE PLEASE ask a group of Senior Citizens who do not understand Computer Speak to pass the wording and rules as "Crystal Clear" This is an UK icon that are given to organisations whose wording can be understood by most people who can read.
> There is an absolute fortune awaiting any computer firm/programmers that have a very simple selection of icons and if you want more then you can ask for them.

Something to consider...

We had OOo4Kids.  Why not AOO4Seniors?

I don't know how it is in other parts of the world, but in the US and
parts of Europe there is a demographic shift as post-war "baby
boomers" age and retire.   They did not grow up with computers, but
now find themselves in a world where computer access is now essential.

We're starting to see special models of cell phones and computers now
for seniors.  Simplified interfaces, larger icons.

-Rob

Posted by harry steven <ed...@hotmail.com>.
Hello Rory, you are MY HERO!

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
Hi harry, probably your printer is not being seen by OpenOffice. Please
select:
File > Printer Setting
Verify that you printer is the one selected, if you are not sure, click on
the back to back trianges to see which one are available. If you cant find
the name of your printer, then you will need further assistance.

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 5:29 PM, harry steven <
edinburghapartment@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have just downloaded this Version of Open Office.Now my Printer will not
> print anything in Open Office and refers me to check my Printer
> configuration.At 74 years of age, this is all a mystery to me, so please
> tell me how I can get my Printer to print out a legal Document I need so
> urgently.Thanks you.Harry StevenEdinburgh Scotland

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor