Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@apache.org> on 2005/06/13 13:31:46 UTC

Re: NullPointerException building cocoon for forrest

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Since this version:
>>http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=164112&view=rev
>>
>>I am getting a null pointer exception when runnig forrest:
>>
>>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
>>        at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:177)
>>        at
>>org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize(ContainerUtil.java:283)
>>        at
>>org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonWrapper.initialize(CocoonWrapper.java:175)
>>        at org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonBean.initialize(CocoonBean.java:98)
>>        at org.apache.cocoon.Main.main(Main.java:320)
>>
>>Can someone put some light on how to fix it?
>>

> You're using trunk? Great :) Now, the CLI is (obviously) not working
> atm. The creation
> of an environment (like cli, servlet etc) has been simplified (or
> rewritten...) and only the servlet environment uses the new mechanism.
> So the solution is to change the CocoonBean and let it use the new
> CoreUtil class (like the servlet class already does).
> So, the CocoonWrapper class should use the CoreUtil - this should reduce
> the code there as well. Rewriting this is on my agenda for the next days.
>
> Carsten

Any change of looking at this issue? Should I open a bug so we do not
forget it?

Cheers,
cheche

Re: NullPointerException building cocoon for forrest

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

> Any change of looking at this issue? Should I open a bug so we do not
> forget it?

I've rewritten most of it, so it might work (though I guess that some
parts are still broken...). There will be a few more changes soon, so
I guess opening a bug is the best way to not forget it, yes!

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/