Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Epiq Geronimo Team <ge...@epiqtech.com> on 2005/10/13 01:18:14 UTC

Logo Contest Information

Hello,

To follow up on some of the mailing list discussion on the Logo Contest,
Erin and Bill brought up a couple of key points for the logos.  They
suggested that the logo should be something that could easily be
inverted for dark backgrounds.  They also wanted the logo to be
something clean and distinctive.  In addition, they mentioned that they
liked our entries 18 and 19, but they might prefer a different font.  We
have posted several things on the following page (scroll down a little):

http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/EpiqTech

1. What our entries might look like if they were inverted (ie on a dark
background).

2. What Entries 18 and 19 might look like with a different type of font.

3. The designer's concept behind each of the logo entries.  This
contains an explanation of the thought process and the ideas behind what
went into the design.

We have provided this information in an effort to make this process as
collaborative as possible, to respond to the feedback we have received
from the mailing list, and to give prospective voters any other
information that they might require to make an informed decision about
the logos we have submitted for the contest.  We look forward to any
additional feedback that you may have.

Best regards,

The Epiq Team