Posted to dev@abdera.apache.org by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> on 2006/09/13 19:47:40 UTC

Re: Parsing HTML

On 8/8/06, Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:
> On 8/7/06, Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:
>
> > That's pretty slick.  I'll look into the licensing issue.
>
> Just to keep people in the loop, I talked to Cliff Schmidt (Mister ASF
> Legal) about this, and he's going to look at getting the Academic Free
> License added to the "will be final real soon" third party license
> policy.  Odds are good that it'll be considered reasonable for us to
> use, but for now it's still up in the air.

Just FYI, I finally cornered Cliff Schmidt about this, and he says we
can go ahead and use tagsoup.  There's a small possibility some people
might object to its license due to clause 9 of the AFL, but most
people seem to be ok with it, and it'll be in the final version of his
3rd party code policy document.  For now, since there's no official
policy on such things anyway we can just go ahead and use it.

-garrett