Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by TS...@sybase.com.pl on 2001/12/10 15:32:20 UTC

Tomcat and character encoding once again

Hi again

I develop application using Tomcat 4.0.1 and Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise.
Database encoding  is set to Windows Cp 1250 (this is necessary) and pages
encoding is iso-8859-2. I tried to use all technics I saw in previous posts to
display polish letters insted of ? but nothing works.
 If I change <%@ page contentType="text/html; iso-8859-2" %> to cp 1250 and set
jdbc connection property "CHARSET" to  "cp1250" everything is fine but I need
iso encoding in my pages.

Any suggestions wnich will help solve this problem ?

Thanks
Olo