Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jean-Christophe Rioux <jc...@karat.com> on 2001/06/13 20:00:12 UTC

Creating java.awt.Image

Hi, I want to create a java.awt.Image from a SVG file.
After taking a good look at the API, I didn't find any way to do this.

Please send me the code if you know how to do.

Thanks,

Jean-Christophe Rioux
jc_rioux@karat.com

Re: Creating java.awt.Image

Posted by Thierry Kormann <tk...@sophia.inria.fr>.
On Wednesday 13 June 2001 20:00, Jean-Christophe Rioux wrote:
> Hi, I want to create a java.awt.Image from a SVG file.
> After taking a good look at the API, I didn't find any way to do this.
>
> Please send me the code if you know how to do.

You can easily create a BufferedImage from an SVG file using the image
transcoder module.

http://xml.apache.org/batik/rasterizerTutorial.html

Hope this helps,

Thierry.