Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by William Ferguson <Wi...@yarris.com> on 2007/08/27 06:18:52 UTC

Better access to custom life cycle phases

Are there any plans for to allow better access to custom life cycle
phases in maven-2.1?

In particular, I would like to be able to configure a plugin to execute
during some of the lifecycle phases of the maven-release-plugin. The
current mechanism of specifying goals to run during the preparation
phase is not sufficient for all use cases.

For instance in http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-235 we need to
execute a goal either at the end of the 'scm-commit-development' phase
or the beginning of the 'end-release' phase. The patch I have provided
is a hack at best. I would much rather be able to configure my plugin to
execute during the 'end-release' phase instead.

Is there any way to achieve that now or will it be possible to in the
future?

William

RE: Better access to custom life cycle phases

Posted by William Ferguson <Wi...@yarris.com>.
No response, so I'll try again.

What is the appropriate mechanism for mapping a plugin goal to custom
life cycle phase?
In particular to one of the phases used by the maven-release-plugin.

Is it possible in 2.0.7?
Is it being considered for 2.1?

William