Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com> on 2014/02/18 18:53:08 UTC

Re: Uninitiated's basic question

At 14:39 18/02/2014 +0000, David Bath wrote:
>I imported a .wdb file which was put into Calc in cell "A" on 92
>rows. I needed to Edit 4 records which I discovered how to do but it
>left the boxes highlighted in red.

When you say "highlighted", you mean that the border of the cells has
turned red - with a small red square in the top left corner - right?

>I do not know what this means ...

This will be because you have the recording of changes turned on.  If
you hover your mouse over the cells, you will see a note indicating
who made what change when.

>... and have been unable to remove it.

If you wish to maintain the recording of changes, you can accept the
changes made so far using Edit | Changes > | Accept or Reject...
.  If (as is likely) you didn't want this in the first place, you can
more easily just turn it off by removing the tick from Edit |
Changes > | Record.

>I want to sort the complete file but found that the "Sort" selection
>was greyed out. To me this indicated that something else needed to
>be done first.

You need to accept your changes, making them permanent and no longer
marked (using either technique above), before you can do this.  Once
you have done so, you will be able to select and sort the changed values.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker