Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Jeffrey Storck <je...@red-alpha.com> on 2015/04/06 18:55:40 UTC

Unable to add custom processor to NiFi flow

Hello,

I was referred to this email address by another NiFi developer.  I am
trying to add a custom processor to a NiFi flow via the UI and encountering
the following errror:

Unable to create processor of type com.foo.MyProcessor due to:
com.foo.MyProcessor

The nifi-users.log has the same statement there, no stacktrace.  I am not
sure at this point what is keeping the processor from being created.

I am developing against the 0.0.2-incubating version of nifi-api.

Any advice or direction would be appreciated.  Thanks!

--
Jeff

Re: Unable to add custom processor to NiFi flow

Posted by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>.
M,

Yes, the relevant details will be in your nifi-user.log. You will likely
need to enable debug on this line in conf/logback.xml.

    <logger name="org.apache.nifi.web.api.config" level="DEBUG"
additivity="false">
        <appender-ref ref="USER_FILE"/>
    </logger>

In subsequent versions the need to enable DEBUG level logging has been
address. The error and stacktrace will be logged automatically.

Thanks.

Matt

Posted by mattw <ma...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Jeffrey,

Take a look in the 'nifi-app.log'.  There should be a full stack trace
there most likely.

If there are failures like this while adding to the graph there is
likely some lifecycle method being called and throwing a stacktrace.
Take a look in the app log and see if it is there.

Thanks
Joe