Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu> on 2005/12/06 14:27:36 UTC

Notice: Deployer/Deployment Plugin URI's Changing

I'm putting in a change that means that URIs used for the JSR-88
deployer (also used by the geronimo-deployment-plugin) look like:

deployer:geronimo:jmx://host:port

instead of

deployer:geronimo:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://host:port/JMXConnector

If you want the defaults (localhost:1099), you can omit the host/port like this:

deployer:geronimo:jmx

I've updated the Maven scripts in Geronimo and TCK accordingly.

The deploy tool now takes --host and --port in addition to --uri

Note that the deploy:waitForStarted and deploy:stopRemoteServer are no
longer connected to the deployer URL, and now just take the JMX URL to
reach the server:

jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://host:port/JMXConnector

I had to manually delete my plugin dirs and rebuild to get new plugins
that work with the revised Maven scripts:

rm -rf ~/.maven/cache/geronimo* ~/.maven/repository/geronimo/plugins
~/.maven/plugins/geronimo*
cd geronimo/plugins && maven -o multiproject:install

Also, for what it's worth, the deployer's inVM connection can now take
a Kernel name, like:

deployer:geronimo:inVM://SomeKernel

as well as the default (for 1 kernel VMs)

deployer:geronimo:inVM

Thanks,
    Aaron

Re: Notice: Deployer/Deployment Plugin URI's Changing

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
Aaron can you give me a break down of the new URI.  I get the
"deployer:geronimo" part, but the next section can be jmx or inVM.
What do these string map to?  Also, what do I change if I want to use
jmx remoting over jms?

BTW I definitely like the smaller format.  I always had to lookup the
longer one.

-dain

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
On 12/6/05, Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So Aaron, I assume I need to react to this change I? Will the old URIs no
> longer work?

Right.  But on the up side, the deployer now works against remote
servers (assuming you can reach the JNDI and (HTTP or HTTPS) ports).
:)

Thanks,
    Aaron

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
So Aaron, I assume I need to react to this change I? Will the old URIs no
longer work?

Thanks.