Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Chris Biggs <ch...@aptus.co.uk> on 2009/10/07 14:00:00 UTC

[users@httpd] Resolved: Using SSI to include a UTF-8 encoded file causes a strange character to be sent to the browser

Hi,

Just to let you know that this problem has been resolved and the problem lay outside of the Apache Web Server "space".

Many thanks to André Warnier and Matt Farey who got me thinking a little differently and allowed me to find the problem which was an XSL file without <xsl:output encoding="utf-8".../>. While I had checked many of the files, one escaped me (much to my embarrassment). This was compounded by the fact that Notepad apparently is not as simple as I thought it was (or perhaps it is too simple).

It is possible, apparently, to teach an old dog new tricks!

Many Thanks again and regards,
Christopher Biggs