Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com> on 2020/06/22 14:58:43 UTC

Re: [PRIMATE][SIG] Meeting Notes

All, SIG meeting was attended only by my work colleagues. I urge devs to participate in the SIG calls, if you're interested kindly share your email with me and I'll send you an invite for the next call in few weeks in early/mid-July.

Major changes since tech preview demo/discussion:
- Translations and message confirmation string, doclinks
- Customisation: theme, logos, plugins etc.
- Metrics view show/hide
- New Instance View component
- Filterby: vms, templates
- Dashboard changes
- Footer: version strings

Issues:
- Documentation change images with Primate, 4.15 or 4.16?
- Packaging feedback?
- Community participation: testing/bugs reports, translation reports
- GA scope, testing, release

Discussed:
- Set option in config.json to hide footer/versions
  - Configure footer string at bottom (Giles) (link to privacy policy etc...)
- Translation/Customisation/Plugin docs for users to participate and contribute (as PR)
- Update images/screenshots in CloudStack documentation:
  - Bobby - primate is going to be default; move docs to 4.15
                - not just images, but perhaps context (how to get in UI)
  - Paul - not practical to do it for 4.15/timeline; let's do it by Xmas/4.16
             - discuss users@, get users to participate; create primate-spefic branch
  - Giles - not a huge task (less than 200 images); rewrite docs vs limit scope, get users help
- Packaging: deb, rpm; archive; docker to continue
  Every CloudStack release would include a version of Primate or do a release of Primate
  Include Primate deb/rpm in the repository of a CloudStack release
- Promote participation on users@

Regards.