Posted to photark-dev@incubator.apache.org by Bhargav Golla <bh...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/06 11:13:40 UTC

Doubt about Licensing

Hello everyone,

I was working on improving the UI of the web albums feature. Currently, all
these photos are appended to a div. But I intend to get these photos on a
tile (like Windows Phone Tile). On one side of tile, the photo is displayed
and on the other side, comments on that photo(if any) are displayed with
caption of photo as title of the title.
For the same, I found this jQuery plugin
here<http://drewgreenwell.com/projects/metrojs>.
In the js file of the project attached with this mail, it says it isn't
licensed under any of the standard Open Source licenses. I am not very sure
about these licensing. Could someone let me know if I can use this for
PhotArk Mobile, which is available under Apache License?

Regards

--
Bhargav Golla
B.E (Hons.) Computer Science

Re: Doubt about Licensing

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 4:13 AM, Bhargav Golla <bh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I was working on improving the UI of the web albums feature. Currently, all
> these photos are appended to a div. But I intend to get these photos on a
> tile (like Windows Phone Tile). On one side of tile, the photo is displayed
> and on the other side, comments on that photo(if any) are displayed with
> caption of photo as title of the title.
> For the same, I found this jQuery plugin here. In the js file of the project
> attached with this mail, it says it isn't licensed under any of the standard
> Open Source licenses. I am not very sure about these licensing. Could
> someone let me know if I can use this for PhotArk Mobile, which is available
> under Apache License?
>

> Regards

Looking at the Metro JS file, this is licensed as MIT License which is
compatible with The Apache License.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende