Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com> on 2006/06/24 02:45:10 UTC

problems with storing image attachments of emails

Hi everyone.

I wanted to find out if anybody is using storeIncomingEmail to store
emails with image attachments.  It is having a couple of problems:
documents with images are not stored correctly, and if you send two
different images, the same one is stored twice.  If someone else has
seen these problems or, even better, a fix for it, I'd really like to
know.

Also, just out of curiosity, why are we storing images in the
database in ImageDataResource instead of as a file on the server?

Si

Re: problems with storing image attachments of emails

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@ofbiz.org>.
Si Chen wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I wanted to find out if anybody is using storeIncomingEmail to store
> emails with image attachments.  It is having a couple of problems:
> documents with images are not stored correctly, and if you send two
> different images, the same one is stored twice.  If someone else has
> seen these problems or, even better, a fix for it, I'd really like to know.
>
> Also, just out of curiosity, why are we storing images in the database
> in ImageDataResource instead of as a file on the server?

I haven't looked at the code so I have no idea on the other stuff. On this last question: file on the server is a PAIN! Especially if you have multiple servers in a pool. At least with a database it is available to all servers, backed up with the other data, etc.

-David