Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Kuang-Ching Wang <ku...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/17 21:12:09 UTC

Why a particular commit is found in 4.4 branch but not master and 4.5

Hi, I am looking at an issue fixed a while back - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-5505

I am hitting the same issue with the 4.5 branch code, and after searching around found that the fix was only found in branch 4.4, not master, not 4.5

What does this mean?  The commit is only to be in 4.4, or its squashed before inclusion in later branches, including master?

Thanks,
KC

Re: Why a particular commit is found in 4.4 branch but not master and 4.5

Posted by Kuang-Ching Wang <ku...@gmail.com>.
I figured this out - the CLOUDSTACK-5505 header is dropped when the fixes are merged into master and 4.5.

Then I don’t see why I am hitting the issue - created a VPC, when applying static NAT it failed to apply, and it is found the VpcVR does not have eth1.  The log complains about “ethnull”, which I suppose is an issue that has been fixed long back …

KC