Posted to users@maven.apache.org by mavenstart <j2...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/09 18:03:06 UTC

Re: [m2] How to bypass unit testing durng multiproject build with Maven 2

Thanks a lot, Thorsten

So I did mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true package, it still compiled and ran the
JUNIT testing...

I also did mvn package compile, JUNIT is still running...

Maybe this is the purpose for a multiproject build to make sure that all the
projects get compiled and tested, but how about the deployment, what if I
want to skip the deployment part defined in the POM.xml? still puzzled.

Thanks,

ms

Re: [m2] How to bypass unit testing durng multiproject build with Maven 2

Posted by Thorsten Heit <th...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

> So I did mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true package, it still compiled and ran the
> JUNIT testing...

Strange.
What exactly does your command line look like? Do you have a special configuration entry for tests in your POM?

> I also did mvn package compile, JUNIT is still running...

"package" implies "compile", i.e. it isn't necessary to add both commands to the command line....

> Maybe this is the purpose for a multiproject build to make sure that all
> the
> projects get compiled and tested, but how about the deployment, what if I
> want to skip the deployment part defined in the POM.xml? still puzzled.

Deployment occurs only if you tell Maven to do this, i.e. "mvn deploy" etc.

BTW, perhaps the following may be of some help:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/examples/skipping-test.html

HTH

Thorsten