Posted to dev@training.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2023/03/02 12:23:35 UTC

AW: [DISCUSS] How to proceed?

Ok … so It’s report time again … who’s up to the challenge?

Chris

Von: Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>
Datum: Samstag, 18. Februar 2023 um 15:08
An: dev@training.apache.org <de...@training.apache.org>
Betreff: Re: [DISCUSS] How to proceed?
Hi all,

Was offline for a day or two because of email-issues … but catching up right now.

Well for me the goal was to provide the infrastructure so it’s easy to create training material in a collaborative fashion. But the goal of the project itself I always considered to become a resource to go to, if you need training material for Apache projects. That’s also why every Apache committer generally has commit rights. The idea was that this allows everyone to work on their material.

Chris

From: Mirko Kämpf <mi...@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, 17. February 2023 at 12:20
To: dev@training.apache.org <de...@training.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] How to proceed?
Hi Christofer,

I am not sure if the goals of the project are clear to the contributors and
potential new contributors.

From time to time I look into this project but I found it hard to
understand a pattern. Because all training material
about other Apache projects requires active knowledge about that project -
but maybe the experts in those projects
are not always keen on writing training content. Hence, I think it is
important to get linked to all those active Apache projects,
and focus here in this particular project on "the Apache way of doing
trainings and materials" --- maybe I am a bit late to the party
and this has been discussed in the past.

I think, opening towards non coders and linking people from multiple
projects could bring Apache Training to the next level.
Has this been done already in the past?

Cheers,
Mirko

--

Dr. rer. nat. Mirko Kämpf
Müchelner Str. 23

Re: [DISCUSS] How to proceed?

Posted by Lars Francke <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mirko,

thank you very much. Unfortunately, the attachment has been stripped.

Cheers,
Lars

Re: [DISCUSS] How to proceed?

Posted by Mirko Kämpf <mi...@gmail.com>.